The FTR is truly a game-changer that raises the standard for Class 6 medium duty trucks. This truck's low-cab-forward design gives it fantastic maneuverability and visibility along with the ability to carry more cargo than a conventional Class 6 GVWR truck at the same wheelbase. Its four-cylinder diesel engine is environmentally friendly and gives the truck outstanding fuel efficiency.
A class-leading warranty provides its owners with peace of mind. And it's an Isuzu truck, a name that is synonymous with dependability, durability and low cost of ownership.
GVWR: 25,950 lbs.
Body Application: 16 to 30 ft.
THE ISUZU FTR
The FTR is truly a game changer that raises the standard for Class 6 medium duty trucks. This truck’s Low Cab Forward design gives it fantastic maneuverability and visibility along with the ability to carry more cargo than a conventional Class 6 GVWR truck with the same wheelbase. Its four-cylinder diesel engine is environmentally friendly and gives the truck outstanding fuel efficiency.
A class-leading warranty provides its owners with peace of mind. And it’s an Isuzu truck, a name that is synonymous with dependability, durability and low cost of ownership.
THE ISUZU FTR
The FTR is powered by the renowned and durable Isuzu 5.2-liter 4HK1-TC turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine. The FTR can achieve an incredible operating distance, thanks not only to the truck’s conservative use of fuel, but also to its standard aluminum 50 or 100-gallon fuel tank (based on wheelbase).
The 4HK1-TC engine goes beyond environmental friendliness and economy—it’s also durable. This engine carries a B-10 durability rating of 375,000 miles—meaning that 90% of engines should reach that mileage before requiring an overhaul.
FTR Specification Highlights:
• The FTR’s 5.2-liter 4HK1-TC turbocharged engine generates 520 lbs.-ft. of torque at 1,600 rpm and 215 horsepower at 2,500 rpm
• The engine is mated to an Allison 2550 RDS 6-speed automatic transmission with power take-off (PTO) capability
• The front axle has a capacity of 12,000 pounds, while the rear axle has a capacity of 19,000 pounds
• GVWR is 25,950 pounds
• 11R22.5 tires are fitted to 22.5” × 8.25” steel wheels
ISUZU FTR CLASS 6
LOW CAB FORWARD
• Payload allowance for increased customer needs
• 8 wheelbases accommodate bodies from 14 to 30 feet
• Easy to drive with outstanding driver visibility, superior maneuverability and a tight-turning diameter
• FTR, the LCF answer to Class 6 efficiency, delivers a lower cost of ownership
ISUZU FTR’S TIGHT TURNING DIAMETER
50 DEGREE INNER WHEEL CUT
• TURNING DIAMETERS:
- 43.7 ft. (152” WB) to 65.0 ft. (248” WB)
• ISUZU FTR W/24’ VAN BODY
- 212” Wheelbase
- 56.5 ft. Turning Diameter
• CONVENTIONAL CAB W/24’ VAN BODY
- 250+” Wheelbase
- 64+ ft. Turning Diameter
SPACIOUS, FLEXIBLE, COMFORTABLE
As a result of its Low Cab Forward configuration and clean back-of-cab design, the FTR can provide more cargo space within a given overall length than comparable conventional Class 6 trucks. Eight wheelbase lengths, ranging from 152 to 248 inches, will accommodate bodies from 14 to 30 feet, allowing for a wide variety of body applications.
The FTR cab’s wide step and wide-opening doors allow easy entry to the spacious interior of the Isuzu exclusive Hexapod cab, which features three-across seating and extra space for storage behind the seats. Other interior amenities include a ground clearance mirror, overhead console and a suspension driver’s seat with armrest specially designed to increase comfort and reduce driver fatigue.
THE ISUZU FTR: THE LCF ANSWER FOR CLASS 6 EFFICIENCY DELIVERING A LOWER COST OF OWNERSHIP
LOWER COST OF OWNERSHIP
The Isuzu FTR, like every Isuzu diesel truck, comes with a number of features and programs that dramatically reduce downtime and overall cost of ownership, including:
• A standard Multi-Information Display that allows drivers to monitor the status and condition of over a dozen vehicle performance functions, reducing maintenance costs and downtime
• Available Vehicle Health Reports provide comprehensive analysis of the truck’s powertrain and emissions systems, fuel economy, brake usage and driver operating habits
• Three-year/unlimited mileage powertrain limited warranty
• Four-year/unlimited mileage perforation from corrosion limited warranty
THE CLASS 6 TRUCK OF THE FUTURE
The overall concept of the FTR is the next generation medium-duty Low Cab Forward truck, one that features a clean, durable, highly efficient four-cylinder engine and is the best Class 6 choice for pickup and delivery in cities.